WAC Lighting celebrates 38+ years of consistent, significant growth as a unique “design + build” lighting and technology company. An award-winning industry leader, we boast a stellar reputation of delivering sustainable lighting fixtures and fans intended to elevate residential, commercial, and hospitality properties, as well as exterior and landscape environments. Our luxury, specification-grade brands of products keep up with the speed of emerging technology while still maintaining consumer accessibility. WAC Lighting is proud to offer exciting career and professional growth opportunities within a dynamic, energetic, entrepreneurial, and safe workplace for all.
The Junior Product Manager works with engineering resources to assist in new product development & line extensions from concept through product life cycle. This position drives effective market research and develops product that aligns with customer needs. The role includes analyzing return on investment, recommending worthwhile product investments and overseeing the lifecycle process to ensure ROI of development initiatives are realized. This position will support the R & D Product Development Team to maintain and develop specification sheets and website data with a focus on data integrity.
Critical Success Factors:
- Assist in the development of winning concepts that meet customer needs and sales projections and contribute to the company’s overall growth strategy.
- Support the Product Team to maintain and develop specification sheets, and website data with a focus on data integrity.
- Work with Marketing to audit specification sheets and ensure the integrity of information by cross referencing and proof reading.
- Assist in driving US and global resources to meet product rollout deadlines.
- Assist in driving factory resources to meet deadlines and service level agreements.
- Effective research of material/development costs and product life cycles to ensure ROI on new product initiatives.
- Work with Purchasing and IT to update and maintain product websites ensuring timely updates in accordance with product launches.
- Works with Marketing and Sales to develop market research strategy to effectively identify customer needs for new products and existing product improvements.
- Works with internal and external design resources to develop cutting edge new product concepts to meet customer expectations and achieve sales targets. Research and identify the latest trends in technology.
- Drive the development of new product proposals including design engineering architectural concepts, design engineering specifications and new technology recommendations.
- Works with sales team to identify sales forecasts based on product specifications.
- Work with product and purchasing teams to identify cost associated with development of each product, analyzes ROI and makes recommendations on products worth moving forward.
- Works with purchasing team to identify cost effective material vendors while maintaining expected quality and service levels.
- Drives Product Management and engineering teams to meet product rollout deadlines. Assists in overcoming barriers as they arise.
- Works with Product Managers and Engineers to provide the appropriate technical materials including product design story, specifications, photometrics, etc. to support effective product launches and assist the sales & marketing team in achieving sales targets.
- Develop effective training and tools for Sales and Support teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Industrial Design, Engineering, or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 3+ years product development experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing product lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Ability to meet tight and changing deadlines.
- Domestic and International travel for up to 2 weeks at a time
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail in composing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks/demands.
- Experience with a variety of computer software applications in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Solid Works.
- Experience with Professional Engineer is a plus.
Interested candidates can submit their resume to [email protected]