NEW YORK – January 9, 2023 –Applications are open for the 34th LightFair Innovation Awards with a January 31 deadline for exhibitors to submit innovative new products for consideration. New this year, winners in 14 categories, plus four overall excellence awards for Most Innovative Product of the Year, Technical Innovation, Design Excellence and Judges’ Citation, will be announced in April giving brands the opportunity to market and promote award-winning products several weeks prior to LightFair 2023 (May 21-25, at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center).
“As lighting trends have shifted, the lighting industry has evolved to produce the most innovative products, and 2023 once again will raise the bar for innovation,” said Dan Darby, show director. “We are excited to provide our 2023 winners with an opportunity to leverage the LightFair Innovation Awards to promote product awareness and to drive booth traffic at the Trade Show in May.”
Exhibitors interested in applying to win a LightFair Innovation Award must submit new products launched between June 23, 2022 (closing day of LightFair 2022) and LightFair 2023, which opens May 21, 2023. This must be the first time a product is being entered for the LIAs.
Only one product will be awarded “Best of Category” in each of the 14 award categories. From the Best of Category Winners, three awards for overall excellence – Technical Innovation, Design Excellence and Most Innovative Product of the Year Award —will be bestowed. The judges are allowed one discretionary Judges’ Citation Award which can come from the full body of entries. Additionally, LightFair plans to use audio from the four overall excellence award-winning manufacturers describing their product, its inspiration, importance, and more in the on-floor LIA Award Lounge.
The 14 category awards are:
- Ballasts, Transformers, Drivers, Systems & Kits
- Commercial Indoor: Troffers, Suspended & Surface Mounted
- Control Components & Hardware
- Control Enabling Technology, Connectivity & Software
- Dynamic Color, Theatrical, Cove, Strips & Tape
- Indoor Decorative
- Industrial, Disinfection, Vandal, Emergency & Exit
- Lamps: Conventional, Retrofit & Replacement
- LED/OLED, Chips & Modules
- Non-Luminous: Research, Publications, Lighting Software & Specialty Hardware
- Parking, Roadway & Area Luminaires
- Recessed Downlights, Wall Washers & Multiples
- Sports, Step, Landscape, Pool & Fountain Luminaires
- Track, Display, Undercabinet & Shelf
Submissions for the LightFair Innovation Awards are free, and exclusively available to confirmed 2023 LightFair exhibitors. The number of entries allowed per company is based on booth size and every entry is given equal consideration. Award submissions must be received on or before January 31, 2023, at www.lightfair.com/lightfair-innovation-awards-submissions.
Judges for the 2023 LightFair Innovation Awards will be selected from lighting professionals – retailers, educators, designers, specifiers and other subject-matter experts – with membership in the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) or the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD).
Winners of the 2022 LightFair Innovation Awards were:
- Most Innovative Product of the Year: MIFOR 70 Lighting System by Klus
- Technical Innovation: (TruBlu™ Bluetooth Mesh Fixture Controller with Long Range Antenna by McWong International
- Design Excellence: Easy-Link by Edison Price Lighting
- Judges’ Citation: CombiCable by Gripple
- Ballasts, Transformers, Drivers, Systems & Kits: SmartSafe Emergency Backup for Low Temps by Keystone Technologies
- Commercial Indoor: Troffers, Suspended & Surface Mounted: Easy-Link by Edison Price Lighting
- Control Components & Hardware: TruBlu™ Bluetooth Mesh Fixture Controller with Long Range Antenna by McWong International
- Control-Enabling Technology, Connectivity & Software: SmartLoop Screw-In Controller with SmartPort Technology by Keystone Technologies
- Dynamic Color, Theatrical, Cove, Strips & Tape: TruCirque by Pureedge Lighting
- Indoor Decorative: MIFOR-70 Lighting System by Klus
- Industrial, Germicidal, Vandal, Emergency & Exit: Hybrid Architectural Cylindrical Downlight with Upper Air UVC by Pure Lighting
- Lamps – Conventional, Retrofit & Replacement: LED PAR56 High Intensity Ultra Narrow Beam by LED Smart
- LED/OLED – Chips & Modules: OSLON Square Batwing by Ams OSRAM
- Non-Luminous: Research, Publications, Lighting Software & Specialty Hardware: Labarazzi by Viso Systems Aps
- Parking, Roadway & Area Luminaries: SiteLine by Anp Lighting
- Recessed Downlights, Wall Washers & Multiples: The LittleOnes™ by Usai Lighting
- Sports, Step, Landscape, Pool & Fountain Luminaries: Cuff Post Sconce by Wagner Architectural Systems
- Track, Display, Undercabinet & Shelf: Aileron Track by Hevi Lite
The 2023 LightFair Trade Show and Conference will focus on future-shaping innovations and an incredible attendee experience driven by new product discovery, networking and on-floor education, Sunday, May 21, through Thursday, May 25, at the Javits Center in New York City. Registration for LightFair 2023 opens February 1, with complimentary Trade Show access for IALD and IES members, at www.lightfair.com.
LightFair, North America’s largest architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference, is owned by the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD), the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) and is produced and managed by International Market Centers (IMC). For more information, visit LightFair.com. Follow LightFair on Facebook, Twitter @lightfair, Instagram @lightfair_international, LinkedIn and YouTube. To stay up to date on lighting industry news leading up to LightFair, visit the LightFair Blog at https://www.lightfairblog.com/.