Lighting Applications Specialist
Performance Lighting Systems is a lighting representative firm involved in the marketing, specification, and sale of lighting and controls products in the greater Los Angeles Metro area. Formed in 2007, we are 100+ individuals dedicated to bringing the highest degree of knowledge, design sensitivity, business acumen, and problem-solving ability to the representation process, helping turn our client’s goals and visions into solutions. Things are developing rapidly in our field, making it our passion to emulate our tagline, “Delivering the Promise of New Technology”. We believe that a lighting manufacturers’ rep can and should bring more than pricing and scheduling.
The Lighting Applications Specialist will utilize knowledge to build lighting layouts & photometric studies based on project requirements and customer needs. In the Lighting Applications Specialist role, you will be responsible for building interior and exterior lighting layouts using Visual project software.
AGI32 & AutoCAD software experience is recommended. The ideal candidate can easily read and understand lighting and electrical floor plans, interpret specifications, and develop recommended solutions for our customers. Successful individuals can articulate solutions for complex projects and problems, as well as product-related questions for all aspects of the marketplace.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our sales team to develop accurate lighting solutions promptly.
- Attend product training sessions throughout the year to hone your knowledge of new luminaire technologies and optics.
- Present design assistance and technical services to the full specifying community.
- Be versed in specifier design assistance, lighting agent support, and all aspects of construction project work.
- Work collaboratively with Specification and Contractor/Distributor teams to ensure projects are successful through the entire construction sales cycle.
- Work cross-functionally with peers to develop best practices, highlight improvement opportunities, and share successes.
- Ensure a quick and proper response to all customer requests.
- Must have an Associate Degree or higher
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of building lighting layouts
- Understanding basic electrical components (relays, drivers, ballasts, etc.)
- Strong electrical Basics, Low voltage, and Line voltage
- Fluency in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of lighting control systems and how different components interactwith each other (dimming, switching, bi-level)
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office Suite of software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Working knowledge of lighting code requirements
- Must have a proven track record of consistently meeting goals
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Must have a strong technical aptitude and/or electrical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of design application within the lighting industry
- Well-versed in governing standards and codes
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently and respond well to requests for design changes
- Value teamwork and actively foster a collaborative environment
- High degree of accountability for performanceFlexibility and experience required to adjust to rapidly changing schedules and frequently shifting priorities
This role will be based out of our office in Irvine, CA. A remote/hybrid schedule is a possibility for the right candidate
Send resumes and/or questions to: [email protected]