Performance Lighting Systems is a lighting representative firm involved in the marketing, specification, and sale of lighting and controls products in the greater Los Angeles Metro area. Formed in 2007, we are 100+ individuals dedicated to bringing the highest degree of knowledge, design sensitivity, business acumen, and problem-solving ability to the representation process, helping turn our client’s goals and visions into solutions. Things are developing rapidly in our field, making it our passion to emulate our tagline, “Delivering the Promise of New Technology”. We believe that a lighting manufacturers’ rep can and should bring more than pricing and scheduling.
Performance Lighting Systems is seeking a creative Lighting Controls Engineer candidate to work in Irvine, CA producing high quality diagrammatical systems layouts and construction documents. This position is responsible for designs, System Bill of Materials (BOM), submittals and layouts for contractors and electrical engineering firms. The ideal candidate can easily read and understand lighting and electrical floor plans, interpret specifications, and develop recommended solutions for our customers. Successful individuals can articulate solutions for complex projects and problems as well as product related questions for all aspects of the marketplace.
- Job Type: Temp to Full-time
- Assistance with Health Insurance premiums.
- 401-K / Paid vacation / Paid Holidays
- Associate degree, Technical Degree or equivalent preferred
- 1 to 3 years applicable experience in Lighting controls, Fire alarm or HVAC systems etc. preferred
- Understanding of basic electrical components (relays, drivers, ballasts, etc.).
- Strong electrical Basics, Low voltage, and Line voltage.
- Fluency in AutoCAD or REVIT.
- Knowledge of lighting control systems and how different components interact with each other (dimming, switching, bi-level, etc.).
- Demonstrate effective written/oral communication with internal and external customers.
- Candidates must have exceptional interpersonal skills and strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Ideal candidate must demonstrate critical thinking abilities along with ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook email.
Product training provided as part of on-boarding.
Sedentary Work — Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking or standing is required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
This role will be based out of our office in Irvine, CA. A remote/hybrid schedule is a possibility for the right candidate.
Please send resumes and/or cover letter to: [email protected]