PLP SoCal was founded in 1987 and has grown to become a full-service sales agency representing top manufacturers in Lighting, Controls, Shading Systems, Fans, Handrails, and Site Furnishings. We are proud to represent a portfolio of inspiring and diverse products, covering all styles and genres appropriate for commercial, institutional, retail, hospitality, and residential environments, both interior and exterior. With offices located in Los Angeles, Orange County, and Santa Barbara, PLP SoCal is positioned to service customers with our experienced and dedicated team of professionals. We are now looking to expand this team and recruit the following:
JOB TITLE: SPECIFICATION SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Reports to: Specification Sales Manager
Location: Orange County, CA
The Specification Sales Representative is responsible for achieving sales goals by acquiring, developing, and retaining customer relationships. They must be able to confidently leverage their expertise in lighting and control systems and possess and maintain in-depth product knowledge to close sales.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Strategically work with existing specifiers and manufacturers to generate revenue
- Proactively and regularly source opportunity to develop new accounts
- Use relationship building skills and cross-selling opportunity to increase penetration with existing accounts
- Provide product demonstrations and prepare compelling proposals to show value proposition to customers through the use of budget pricing
- Identify and resolve technical questions
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to support client needs and close sales deals
Skills + Specifications
- Possess the ability to create and maintain long-term customer relationships
- Maintain a professional presence and business acumen, possess excellent skills in communication and technical presentations
- Demonstrate strength in sales with proven ability to meet goals and manage customer accounts
- Possess agility and skills necessary to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Confidence in lighting and control system knowledge
- Use sound judgement when making decisions
- Maintain strong time management skills
- Act with integrity and respect
- Adapt to changes required by business
- Ability to travel and entertain customers outside of traditional business hours, when needed
- Assume and complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum five years of experience within the lighting industry, three years outside sales experience preferred
- Current knowledge of and relationships with local specification community is a plus
- High school education or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook
Compensation Package Information
Below is a reasonable compensation package estimate. This estimate is inclusive of a wide range of factors considered when making compensation decisions; including but not limited to industry experience, work history and length thereof, education level and area of expertise, organizational and business needs, company contribution to retirement program, expense reimbursements, and commissions paid on sales achievements.
A reasonable estimate of the current compensation package is $70,000 USD to $170,000 USD.
*This is a hybrid position in that administrative work will be conducted at home while sales calls, presentations, and trade shows will be in person.
Apply directly through PLP portal: https://pruliteplp.bamboohr.com/careers/23?source=aWQ9MjM%3D