Job opportunity: Market Development North America
The DALI Alliance is seeking an experienced marketing executive to support the development of DALI in the North American market. This new role is for an independent contractor working remotely.
Interested applicants should apply directly to the DALI Alliance General Manager, Paul Drosihn.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing to support the growth of DALI-2, D4i and DALI+ lighting controls in North America
- Delivery of materials such as “how to” guides for the lighting market
- Delivery of materials: Provide local education/high level training to organizations
- Event organisation (trade fairs, speaking events, seminars, etc), preparation and coordination
- Continually listening to the market to understand where and what we can improve.
- Keep up to date awareness of lighting codes for North America
- Liaising with media and other organisations on press releases, other materials
- Work with partners including agencies, media, industry bodies, members, and other downstream users of DALI to enhance global presence and messaging.
- Be a go-to person for 1st line support based on guides and materials
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Recognized qualification in marketing
- Recognized public speaking skills
- Demonstrable experience in a suitably similar role
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop working relationships with colleagues and manage stakeholders is essential
- Flexible and adaptable with strong time-management skills.
- Excellent English language communication skills, verbal and written.
- IT literate (competent in the use of MS Office)
- Lighting industry experience or close equivalent (electrical) is desirable
- Familiarity with lighting controls, installation, building management etc.
- Digital marketing experience including social media.
- Additional languages: any additional languages relevant to the operating locations of the Alliance would be welcome but not essential beyond English
This is a remote contractor role, there is no office. Almost all of our regular meetings are online -you need to be comfortable (and disciplined) to work alone/remotely much of the time. Currently most staff are UK-based but location for this is an NA based role with European reporting and online meetings, work closely with our NA Promotion working Group
Although we are a truly global organisation all meetings and operations are conducted in English, therefore language skills are not essential beyond excellent fluent English.