Currently seeking a Lighting Sales Associate to join our Lighting team. This position is a remote or hybrid opportunity that is responsible for key phases of the quote-for-bid process in agency territories; preparation, submission, active follow-up, and successful close of lighting projects in agency territory markets. You will develop winning pricing and bid strategies, in consultation with Lighting President and sales team. Analyzing bid documents, developing a complete and competitive bill of material and pricing, delivered on time is a key requirement. Issuing budget pricing, in accordance with LFI’s pricing strategy as part of this role. This person must be highly knowledgeable and skilled in the business attributes of lighting, and specifically in the bid and post-bid phases. An important function of this position is the ability to build strong working relationships with Business Development and Regional Lighting representatives, the different stakeholders within an agency (inside sales, quotes and distributor/contractor sales people) within each agency office, and internal team members in customer service, inside technical team and specials engineering.
Benefits: Landscape Forms takes pride in offering a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to, insurance benefits (available your first day), 401(k), family and parenting leaves, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, quarterly bonuses, and paid time off.
How You Contribute:
- Close deals.
- Champion the company’s agency relationship development and selling strategy
- Champion the company’s lighting pricing strategy.
- Power user of salesforce and ‘best practice’ champion of quality information and team trainer.
- Deep understanding of the customer type – deliver pricing/service offerings attractive to this group.
- Skilled analysis of electrical plan sets, fixture schedules and installation details of products.
- Actively work the territory pipeline of projects from pre-bid to close, supporting achievement of regional and territory lighting sales goals.
- Be the expert of the lighting industry business model, competition, agencies, markets, and major contracting and distribution companies.
- Upon receipt of order, ensure clean handoff to Customer Service team.
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed.
Criteria for Success
Must have a history of successful selling. Problem solving, demonstrated flexibility in thinking, negotiation skills, and ability to build trust and rapport with customers quickly are important attributes. Must have the desire to be ‘the go-to expert’ in the bid and post bid phases, to develop new skills. Be the team member that gets to a result. Must be able to work individually, and as a member of a team, use common sense and build a strong network of relationships with a positive attitude.
Education, Experience, and Skills
A Bachelor’s degree and two to four years’ experience in related fields. Proven history demonstrating initiative and problem solving. Must possess a passion for service, learning and growth. Must be open to continual learning and adaptation to be successful in a competitive selling environment.
Who We Are: Landscape Forms is the industry leader in integrated solutions of high-design site furniture and advanced LED lighting. For more than 50 years we have produced site furnishings that help designers and other clients achieve beautiful, functional environments that enhance the experience of outdoor space. Our secret is simple. Design, Culture and Craft drive everything we do.
Click here to apply!