Headquartered in Everett, WA, Electric Mirror is a dynamic and innovative global leader in lighted mirrors and mirror TV technology. We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer for the next phase of our growth and expansion. As a senior member of our executive team this executive will have a unique opportunity to lead a significant portion of our Company and impact our future strategy.
Who We Are
- Family business with 20 plus years in operation
- US and Global Manufacturer
- Respected Industry Leader
- Significant Patent Portfolio
- Established Track Record & Experienced Team
- Recognized Fortune 500 customers
- Established channels in major marketing channels
What We Do
- Combine light and technology to transform everyday living
- Three major product categories:
- Lighted Mirror/Mirror TV technology
- UVC disinfection technology
- Smart Mirror technology
Commercial, architectural/design, hospitality and healthcare industries including the following:
- Amazon and Starbucks
- Dallas Cowboys and Yankee Stadiums
- American Airlines and Alaska Airlines
- Four Seasons and Marriott Hotels
- Mayo Clinic and Kaiser Permanente
- Harvard University and Marymount University
- Residential homes across North America
The Chief Operating Officer will oversee all daily business operations including Plant Operations, Global Sourcing, Planning and Engineering, Logistics and Materials, Quality and Facilities, and Maintenance. This position will report directly to the President/CEO and will work in collaboration with the CFO and other members of the senior executive leadership team to develop the company’s vision, goals, and growth strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the Company.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement and drive best practices.
- Utilize lean manufacturing tactics to include Kaizen, Six Sigma, and KPI tools to identify, scope, and implement processes, technologies, and systems to continuously improve product and service quality as well as operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Utilize KPIs to monitor, adjust, reward, and optimize Company performance.
- Work closely with Engineering to optimize current designs and new product introductions.
- Build, develop, and lead a highly motivated and world-class team to achieve the goals of the Company’s manufacturing initiatives.
- Develop and execute annual operating plans and budgets.
- Identify, communicate, and drive implementations of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Ensure that departmental decisions and project plans are in line with the Company’s business strategy and plan.
- Implement job cost accounting and drive margin improvement and accountability in collaboration with the CFO.
- In collaboration with CFO and IT staff ensure efficient use of MRP system.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of emerging technologies in lighting manufacturing and competitor core competencies to ensure continued Company leadership and success.
- Lead the Company in formulating an industry-leading manufacturing strategy to capitalize on the growth of the global wellness equipment market.
- Provide successful leadership and positive employee relations through effective communication, coaching, training, and development.
- Build, develop and manage an operations leadership team capable of carrying out needed operational strategies.
- Develop facility safety policies and procedures that provide for staff safety in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Ensure that processes and facilities meet all Environmental Health & Safety codes, regulations, and company policies.
- Keep equipment operational by implementing and executing a proactive preventative maintenance program.
- Collaborate with other C-level leaders on the overall direction of the organization.
- Participate in Board meetings and investor relations when applicable.
- An undergraduate degree in a hard science curriculum (BSME, BSEE, BSIE).
- MBA would be a definite plus.
- Skills/training in TPM, 5S, and Kaizen along with technical design/build tool and methods.
- Minimum 15 years of prior C-level operations and manufacturing experience.
- Prior experience working at companies in the $30-100 million revenue range.
- A background in a build-to-order finished product manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated successful plant management and operations management experience with a custom job shop company versus a high-run, production environment is a must
- Prior experience with lean, six Sigma, continuous improvement, TQM and similar productivity tools and methodologies.
- The successful candidate will likely come from a consumer or commercial product manufacturer, high quality, specialty technical design/build organization where one-off, multiple-scaled custom projects are the norm.
- A proven understanding of financials, product and production costs and profitability is essential.
- Prior experience in the lighting industry would be ideal.
- Hands-on, practical; possesses a strong mechanical aptitude.
- A player/coach type personality, who can communicate a clear vision of goals.
- Inspires quality and excellence in all areas of the Company’s operations.
- Thinks strategically and acts tactically, seeing both “the trees and the forest.”
- An innovative thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a collaborative style of leadership.
- Focused on team building and consensus development.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to interface effectively with at all levels, both internally and externally.
- A good listener and an effective speaker/presenter, able to represent the company externally at the highest levels with customers. employees, and the board.
- Strong ethical and moral values that govern all decisions.
- Demonstrates effective leadership qualities and drive to succeed.
- Sets challenging goals and expectations for others.
- Measures achievement against the highest standards of excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Aligns with the Company’s Core Values.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience; incentive bonus
Medical; Dental; 401(k); Life Insurance
Inquiries and resumes should be directed to:
Search Practice Leader
C.O.O. Services, LLC