As one of the most strategically-positioned manufacturers in lighting and home automation we are seeking a hands-on, results-minded and strategic Chief Operating Officer with a high sense of urgency and strong leadership skills to overseeing our operations, global supply chain, engineering, research and development, customer experience, and human resources.
Our Washington based privately-owned company with 300+ employees, is a market leader in its twenty-two year history. Custom products designed, engineered, and built in our US and global manufacturing facilities can be found in hotels in more than 100 countries. Consumer products are also available for residential homes and are featured in hundreds of showrooms across North America.
Our ideal candidate is currently a Chief Operating Officer, President, GM or acting CEO with complete P&L responsibility with a company/division having revenue of a minimum of $50-150M. The COO will be accountable for executing the primary operational objectives of the company and will report directly to the CEO and President. A strong candidate will balance operational business experience and OPEX management within an organizational culture that is missional and family-values focused.
· Directing the company’s manufacturing activities, including production operations, manufacturing engineering, materials management, customer service & installation projects, and shipping and logistics, to ensure maximum effectiveness is obtained for the production of quality products within specified time and budgetary guidelines
· Accountable to ensure products meet or exceed quality standards, required delivery schedules are met, and leadership is provided in continuous improvement activities to successfully enable scalability while achieving corporate goals of quality, cost, and delivery
· Monitor, evaluate and further develop top line key performance indicators (KPIs) to track each department’s performance against the strategic and business plans
· Develop cohesive supply chain processes to enable inventory level optimization and order management, while maintaining quality standards and adequate levels of inventory
· Work with leaders from the Sales and Engineering to establish and meet or exceed the Production Schedule
· Formulate policies, programs, and objectives regarding the production schedule, product quality, and cost of manufactured products; maintain a shared accountability for gross margin with strong financial acumen to deliver on cost targets
· Drive strong internal engagement, minimizing turn-over and rewarding profit driving activities and results
· Promote innovation within the organization not just with product features, but also internal operations
· Drive operational synergies internally with design, engineering, purchasing, scheduling, assembly, customer service, and customer support
· Provide leadership in process improvement initiatives with cross-functional teams
· Prepare and document various types of tactical plans, cost benefit analysis, capital justifications plans, and process improvement initiatives
· Ensure compliance with any and all federal, state, and local regulatory bodies
· Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
· Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
· Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders
· Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions
· Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company
Desired skills and experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent experience
· MBA strongly preferred
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to foster unity and cohesiveness
· Advanced training in lean manufacturing certifications (Six Sigma, etc.)
· 10+ years of operations management, including budgeting, cost controls, supply chain, facilities, safety initiatives, and manufacturing/production or equivalent
· Prefer a current or former operational executive (CEO, COO, President, SVP, GM, etc.)
· Strong combination of business operations, quality, continuous improvement, safety, process development, and program management experience
· An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
· Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
Ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work in a family-run and team-oriented culture where they foster a fast learning and continuously improving organization that will enhance our competitiveness and profit.
We dedicate our company to God in accordance with our Statement of Faith, glorifying and serving Him by our actions, and impacting our local community and the world at large today and for all eternity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If interested in this position please contact HR@electricmirror.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled