Main Job Duties:
- Develops and utilizes standardized project templates and engineering management techniques.
- Develops and manages project objectives, product specifications and associated measures.
- Determines company-wide project responsibilities by identifying project phases and activities and assigning personnel to those phases and activities.
- Manages the project by continuous monitoring and updating the project deliverables and status.
- Confirms product performance against product specification.
- Keeps management informed at all times on project performance.
- Manages the ECR/ECO Process.
- Participates in the management of BOM development and maintenance.
- Perform FMEA and other risk assessment and abatement techniques.
- Accepts ownership for accomplishing project activities according to the project timeline.
- Manages the maintenance process for models and documents in the areas of engineering, manufacturing, and field installation.
- Manages the product prototype process of design changes.
- Provides engineering outputs to other departments and suppliers, as requested.
- Identifies and mitigates manufacturing and quality issues after Release to Production.
- Assures design requirements meet or exceed product safety and regulatory requirements.
- Assures design outputs meet or exceed internal and external customer focus design requirements.
- Leads design reviews and project team meetings for existing product line.
- Assures project team follows design standards and processes.
- Work with other engineering leaders in the establishment and implementation of Good Engineering Practices.
- Manages the work output of the engineering team assigned to the Sustaining Engineering Department
- Provides ongoing feedback to project team members.
- Provides performance evaluation of Sustaining Engineering team members at the end of every major project.
- Provides input into all project team member’s performance evaluations.
Role: The Continuous Improvement Manager reports directly to Product Development Director and serves as the leader for Continuous Improvement (CI) at Pinnacle. This position uses knowledge of CI processes and value engineering to recognize opportunities for improvement across Pinnacle’s legacy product lines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering OR High School Diploma/Equivalent with 10 plus years’ experience required.
- 10 plus years of Solid Works and Project Management experience required.
- 5 plus years of effective People Management experience required.
- 5 plus years of Microsoft office suite utilization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities from design to customer delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent internal and external customer demands and requirement.
- Excellent communication & people management skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Experience in lighting industry a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical principles a plus
- UL1598 working knowledge a plus.
- 3 plus years of Microsoft Project a plus.
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge a plus.
- DFMA and DFA knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor under pressure.
Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, employer matched 401k and paid time off.
Interested candidates should apply through Legrand’s Careers site: www.jobs-legrand.icims.com/jobs/6098/continuous-improvement-manager/job