The Pricing Director reporting to the Vice President & General Manager, this position will lead all quotation and cross-over specialists who provide pricing and equivalent product to specification support for retrofit and new construction lighting opportunities. This leader is responsible for building an opportunistic and collaborative culture through open-mindedness to new technologies, new ideas, and new processes. Emanating a customer-centric attitude, this person must coach, train, and lead by example. Extensive hands-on lighting quotations and cross-over experience is imperative. A successful leadership career managing lighting quotations and cross-over personnel is important.
They will also direct pricing organization responsible for setting sell-side price strategy to optimize margin opportunities and achieve business plan margin goals and objectives. Manages team to execute pricing strategy. Works in alignment with group leadership, category management and global account management to develop pricing strategies and establish sell-side pricing structures based on profitability, market awareness and customer commitments. Provides key leadership and responsible for executing strategic vision for customer pricing and margin strategies.
- Develops vision and strategy to lead price strategy focused on price setting, price optimization, price appreciation, price execution, price validation, pricing and margin analytics, and margin realization.
- Leads pricing organization, including setting goals, managing and developing staff.
- Prepares team operating budget, executes staff performance appraisals and interviews and hires new employees.
- Develops short and long term strategies for margin enhancement through price appreciation and optimization.
- Develops billing margin protection methods.
- Directs strategic execution of target and floor price protection and margin thresholds.
- Leads pricing and margin analytics processes.
- Works with regions and cross functional areas on development and implementation of pricing strategy.
- Establishes and maintains pricing performance metrics and drives organization to meet goals.
- Provides financial and performance metrics to company leadership.
- Provides customer service to both internal and external customers, while developing and maintaining procedures and policies focused on pricing accuracy and profit maximization
- Manages pricing execution, including data integrity, consistency and compliance to agreements.
- Drives team performance to proactively initiate identification and resolution of pricing and margin issues.
- Identifies and implements process improvements.
- Designs and maintains new and enhanced systems or applications and training.
- 8 years required, 10 years preferred of lighting product knowledge.
- 8 years required, 10 years preferred of price strategy development and execution experience.
- 8 years required, 10 years preferred of direct management of large scale teams.
- 8 years required, 10 years preferred of functional and business leadership collaboration.
- 3 years of North American or global pricing management responsibilities is preferred.
- 3 years of pricing management experience within the distribution industry is preferred.
- 2 years of pricing management experience within electrical distribution is preferred.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or Finance or related required; Masters’ Degree in Business or Finance preferred
- Pricing Professional Certification preferred
- Comprehensive understanding in pricing structures and techniques.
- Able to build strong business cases to defend price position with field sales leadership.
- Strong negotiation, implementation, and performance management skills.
- Strong personal leadership and ability to coach, council, mentor, teach and develop others.
- Strategic thinker with strong business analytic skill sets including a high level of proficiency in
- Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Access a plus.
- Goal and results oriented and can accomplish tasks at a fast pace.
- Strategic goal setting and performance management.
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with sales management and other functional areas to achieve objectives.
- Electrical product knowledge is preferred.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“WESCO”), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.”
This quick apply application is an expression of interest and not an official application. If you are a fit for this role, you will be contacted by the Talent Acquisition Specialist to officially apply to the role at WESCO.com/careers.