REPORTS TO: Managing Engineer
EFFECTIVE DATE: Pending
SUMMARY: The Primary function of this role will be creating and maintaining Bill of Materials and data in the MRP software. Additionally, this role will include pre and post sales support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new part numbers.
- Generate configure options for quotes
- Quality check for picklist vs production to verify all components being used are accounted for BOM.
- Ability to understand engineering policies and procedures.
- Configure Bill of Material (BOM) for production use.
- Print labels for products and manage precautionary markings (labels & label software).
- Assist Customer Service in quote entry by answering questions about what options to select.
- Answers technical questions for clients and sales agents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Exact Max MRP, Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of BOM’s
- Knowledge of Lighting a Plus.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or listen
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
Please send resume and cover letter to Employment@kurtzon.com