Must reside in Eastern Wisconsin
The Department of Energy estimates that 58% of all energy consumed by Industrial businesses is wasted due to inefficiencies, poor processes, and inadequate equipment. Wasmer aims to help these industries identify and act on solutions to overcome these challenges.
Wasmer’s unique comprehensive approach and consultative sales process helps clients develop energy reduction programs that not only reduce energy costs, but also improve net profitability with increased employee productivity, improved employee safety and enhanced internal-external marketability.
At Wasmer, we are an energy efficiency engineering contractor specializing in LED Lighting, Compressed Air Management, HVAC, Motor Controls and On-site Power Generation. Our continuous improvement processes, focus on team development and execution excellence, allow us to do what’s best for our clients, instead of What’s easiest for us. As a result, our clients substantially increase net profitability, improve effectiveness, competitiveness, and overall organizational value in a sustainable way. Through Integrity, Trust and Process, the Wasmer Company Team delivers a comprehensive range of products and services enabling commercial and industrial businesses to optimize the health, safety and efficiency of their people and their buildings. Benefits are realized far beyond simple energy savings.
The Business Development Sales Person is a services-focused professional who effectively educates leaders and decision makers on opportunities for energy efficiency improvement within their facilities, with the goal of improving work environment quality and creating significant cost savings related to utilities, the regulatory and labor environment and safety. This position is the lead ‘hunter’ on a sales Team that includes a Sales Engineer to assist with technical details associated with site energy audits, data collection and proposal creation. This individual will Take clients from design to implementation of comprehensive solutions, unique to each client’s needs. Collaboration is key as for the Business Development Sales Person is part of a team-based selling process, looping in sales engineers and project managers to aid in crafting winning proposals.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Join and impact a growing company in an emerging market.
- Work for a company regarded as an industry expert.
- Competitive compensation and incentives.
- Work on an expert team, collaborating with others, to open doors and close deals.
- Wasmer is focused on providing quality services and products that impact their client’s business by providing great cost savings with measurable ROI.
- Training specific to the industry and Wasmer.
- In addition to utilizing your consultative sales skills and influencing ability, you will also flex your educator skills to present the service offerings and explain how the Wasmer solution will impact the business and continue to provide sustainable cost savings and improving the working environment.
- Clients are well-known, reputable.
- These initiatives positively impact both the client’s business and the environment.
- In most cases, your business proposal will allow the client’s business to utilize Federal financing programs that they are generally unaware exist for this purpose.
- Team selling sales strategy.
- Be ultimately responsible for the clients buying process with individual responsibility of opening doors, driving sales while leading the team, and closing deals.
- Proactively and deliberately follow the client centric, consultative sales process, including discovery of each client’s unique circumstances, corporate goals and objectives and deliver an appropriate proposal.
- Apply the knowledge gained from each client to facilitate productive follow through so that customized and exceptional client service is provided.
- Identify new business opportunities through regular and proactive communication with new and existing clients.
- Respond to client needs and requests in a timely manner.
- Assisting as needed, to help engineer conduct detailed facility surveys identifying additional opportunities and collect useful information to enable an accurate proposal/project design.
- Assisting as needed, to help engineer coordinate and complete technology demonstrations to showcase new products or solutions that meet client’s challenges.
- Collaborate and lead peers across the company to ensure that all client requests and needs are addressed fully and accurately.
- Work closely with the Sales Engineer Team so that the most accurate and applicable information is shared with each client.
- Resolve client grievances systematically, starting independently and escalating (involving management) when required, so that the client is satisfied to the best of the company’s ability.
- Sales engineer will establish and maintain relationships with third-party influencers in the industry such as: manufacturers, incentives management entities, trade alliances, etc., to continually educate oneself and to keep current with product/industry knowledge, but your high-level knowledge of these products and services is very important to speak intelligently with the clients.
- Maintain up-to-date information in company’s CRM platform (HubSpot), utilizing it as a template for sales processes and closing time frames to lead to successful closes.
- Assist with other duties as requested so that all sales operations run smoothly.
- Requires regular travel to new and existing clients.
- Travel may vary upon working a focused territory vs. focusing on specific national accounts.
Your success will be measured based by your impact on the company’s profitability, and include:
- Working with current clients to find additional opportunities at existing or sister facilities – Key Account Management.
- Prospecting to find new clients who could best benefit from a Wasmer solution.
- Meeting and exceeding metrics and sales goals.
- Accurately assessing and identifying client’s objectives and needs.
- Assist Engineer to conduct comprehensive site analysis information .
- Ensuring that the final proposal meets the client’s needs and objectives and meets/exceeds approved sales margins.
- Customer Satisfaction Net Promoter Score for projects maintained at a score of 80 or greater.
- Effectively working in a team environment with a sales engineer and project manager.
- Business-to-business sales experience, preferably in manufacturing, industrial and heavy commercial markets
- Consultative sales experience, particularly with selling service offerings.
- Proven track record of success in solution selling to strategic buyers in a complex sales with multiple decision makers.
- A self-starter particularly adept at prospecting within an Ideal Client profile and closing opportunities.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to travel to client locations, including holding a valid driver’s license.
Desired Experience and Traits:
- Previous sales training (e.g. Miller Heiman, Sandler, Selling Energy, S.P.I.N., other).
- Experience with energy efficient measures, philosophies, products, assessment, or improvements.
- Experience with LED lighting, VFDs (variable frequency drives), compressed air systems, HVAC or other types of capital equipment/energy efficiency solutions used in operational and facility settings.
- Organizational skills and enthusiasm for effectively managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationship with peers and clients.
- Sales Expectations:
- $4.6M in team sales in year one
- 20 Network Partner Meetings (Industrial Assessment Center at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Program, Wisconsin Focus on Energy)
- 200 Discovery Meetings
- 150 Active Stage Meetings (40%-60% probability of closing)
- 115 Proposal Presentation Meetings
- Associate’s degree in business or other related discipline or equivalent related industry experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Competitive combination of base + significant upside commission
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Relocation package is not necessary as location of candidate is negotiable
Interested candidates should send their resume to Laura Heinrich at [email protected]