At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Lighting Designer 1, we’ll count on you to:
- Work under the guidance of a more-senior designer, and work with architectural project teams on all aspects of the art, science and business of lighting design
- Take responsibility for project management, electric and daylight lighting design, Revit/model production, presentations, lighting calculations, energy and economic calculations, and marketing for large to medium healthcare, science and technology, and community architecture projects through the schematic design development and contract document phases
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering specializing in Lighting Design or closely related field
- EIT or ability to obtain; Intern Lighting Certified (LC) through the National Council on Qualifications for the Lighting Professions (NCQLP)
- Strong computer skill using AGI32, Revit, and Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective working individually and within team environments
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Master’s degree in Architectural Engineering specializing in Lighting Design
- 1+ year of experience with a lighting design, architectural/engineering, or engineering consulting firm or internship. Experience with lighting design for commercial or institutional facilities. Healthcare and Science and Technology facilities experience strongly
- SketchUp, AutoCAD, Revit, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Rhino, Grasshopper, DIVA
- Strong preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
- For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver’s license and compliance with our vehicle policy.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Lawrenceville
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, United States-New York-New York