The position is responsible for directly managing the relationship, sales, and service of large national accounts for the lighting business unit. This includes promoting and managing the business for all Leviton Lighting brands, including Birchwood, ConTech, Intellect, and Intense. The Manager of National Accounts is also responsible for working with the entire sales organization and leading special projects/initiatives impacting the whole team.
- Grow the business with national account distributors on a year over year basis at an acceptable profit margin for the BU.
- Establish annual revenue, product, and program goals with the customer and help drive them to success.
- Manage the overall relationship with the customer and become the “Go to Person” for Leviton Lighting at each customer location, if multiple locations exist.
- Manage a territory size between $5 million and $20 million.
- Coordinate efforts between each brand’s Headquarters and the field.
- Promote the total capabilities of Leviton Lighting to position Leviton as a leader in general lighting and connected lighting spaces through product presentations and other marketing efforts.
- Achieve forecasted sales on new products.
- Work with product management and engineering on new product development initiatives and product improvements of existing items by providing customer/market feedback.
- Lead price negotiations on a corporate level and individual location level when necessary.
- Visit customer locations with other team members with enough frequency to develop relationships with key decision makers.
- Develop and foster relationships with lighting designers, specifiers, and end users, in order to leverage those relationships with distribution customers.
- Orchestrate senior management meetings between Leviton and the customer for “Big Picture” strategy discussions. Report on activities with the national account customer base on a weekly basis to management.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Marketing or Engineering. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in a National Accounts management role is typically required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to develop and execute national growth strategies
- Must have thorough knowledge of industry standards and practices.
- Must be creative, resourceful, able to think independently, and provide leadership on projects.
- Must be able to make decisions at a management level, while reporting and justifying these decisions to the Director of National Accounts, VP of Sales, and corporate management.
- Must be well organized, an excellent time manager, and able to handle multiple tasks on an ongoing basis.
- Must have leadership skills which will promote and build a team concept for servicing the customer.
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.