Are you someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment? Do you have experience in the lighting industry and the ability to help a rapidly growing company reach new heights? Are you a team player? This might be the job for you!
Since 1945, Keystone Technologies has served the lighting industry with quality lighting products. Based in the greater Philadelphia area, Keystone reaches customers across the U.S. with a vast distribution network. We aim to provide a casual and friendly work environment where teammates collaborate and are also empowered to take initiative and be entrepreneurial.
As we continue to grow we’re looking for a qualified individual to serve as our company’s Product Development Engineer.
The Product Development Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager. They will serve as an integral part of Keystone’s Product Development team. Product Development is one of the most crucial departments in perpetuating our “Light Made Easy” promise to customers.
A typical day for a Product Development Engineer includes:
- Collaborating with vendors to evaluate product designs and/or execute improvement projects based on testing and market feedback
- Assisting the Engineering Manager with performance testing for new product designs
- Conducting product compatibility testing with other lighting devices on the market
- Managing testing, evaluation, and resolution of RMA’s for products believed to be defective that need further testing
- Handling claims to coordinate advanced jobsite troubleshooting and warranty support when necessary
- Acting as a point of contact for advanced and second level technical support for Keystone’s customers & sales staff
- Occasional travel for tradeshows and/or supply chain vendor meetings
- Solving product certification issues for primarily new products
- Occasionally assisting with sales/marketing display construction
This position is ideal for an individual who has experience in the lighting industry! A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in engineering. Related industry experience is a plus. The Product Development Engineer role is a great fit for one who works well with a team and has the determination and drive to learn!
This is a full time role on-site at our headquarters in the greater Philadelphia area. We encourage you to apply if you are:
- Comfortable with electrical engineering fundamentals
- A strong verbal and written communicator with keen attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with lighting technologies
- Able to demonstrate time management and prioritization skills
- Eager and able to learn every day
- A positive team-player
- Capable of communicating with multiple departments throughout the day
- Open to occasional travel
Keystone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keystone’s core values that drive the company’s success are:
1. We are a customer service obsessed company.
2. We earn the trust of our co-workers, customers and partners by acting with honesty and integrity.
3. We bring a positive, can-do attitude to all of our efforts.
4. We are a company that is easy to do business with in every aspect.
5. We treat all associates, both internal and external, with respect and professionalism.
6. We operate with efficiency and continue to find better methods for conducting business.
7. We share our ideas, thoughts, responsibilities, and accountability to succeed as a unified team