Monterey Lighting Solutions is seeking an experienced lighting professional to join its Project Management team.
Monterey Lighting Solutions is a full-service lighting solutions company, representing hundreds of manufacturers and serving a diverse set of customers. Our customers are a cross section of large property managers/owners, construction managers, design build contractors, architects, lighting designers, electricians and retrofit contractors. Our focus is to look out for our customers’ best interests and to simplify the process of acquiring lighting solutions. That translates to the completion of projects on time and within budget. Our objective is to serve as a trusted advisor to each of our clients, ensuring we deliver the best value available in the market.
In this role you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and managing commercial lighting projects from inception through post-sales support. Our project management team serves as the liaison between our sales team, lighting manufacturers, and customers to ensure all stakeholders are kept appraised of project status and material is delivered to the project job sites on time.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ensures all necessary customer documentation is current and complete, including credit applications, signed order documentation, pre-liens, and submittals
- Performs detailed review of matching estimates, submittals, drawings, and manufacturer quotes
- Schedules internal review/project handoff meeting with Sales/Quotes person
- Obtains updated information from customer on timeline and critical path items
- Confirms key contacts for various project approvals
- Creates and issues POs to manufacturers with correct pricing and shipping information; on site contact and phone#
- Confirms receipt and approval of POs by vendors
- Follows up on orders to confirm ship dates and shipment tracking and communicates orders status to customer stakeholders in a timely manner
- Responsible for all project items to arrive and deliver on-time as per project required on-site date
- Assess any changes to orders for financial impact to the project and escalate any issues as needed
- Process returns and warranty claims in a timely manner
- Preparing submittal packages, request factory drawings as needed
- Quickly and professionally resolve any conflicts that arise during the course of a project
- Being friendly, positive, articulate and mature with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Learning and absorbing new product information quickly
- Two (2) plus years in the commercial lighting industry as a project manager role ideally with a distributor, agent, or manufacturer
- Individual must be highly organized and results oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment that is focused on growth, while adhering to the policies and procedures that have been established within our organization
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must present a positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Technologically proficient – Expertise with Gmail, Word, Excel, the Internet, as well as experience with an ERP system required. Proficiency with NetSuite a plus
- Experience in reviewing quotes, creating submittal packages, processing purchase orders, and product return/warranty replacements
- Strong customer service
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously
- Has a thirst for knowledge and ability to think critically
- Work well in a team environment, and genuinely cares about making a positive contribution to the success of our Company
Company has excellent benefits including health, dental & Vision insurance, a 401(k) plan and paid time off.
Interested and qualified applicants please respond with resume and salary expectation to:
Ali Blystone Director, Project Management.