UL is looking for Sales Executives for the GA, FL, NC, SC, and PA regions.
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Within our Lighting Business, our vision is to help our customers put safe and high performing products into the global marketplace. UL’s lighting business provides industry leading safety, performance and expert services to our clients. Our lighting business serves manufacturers and retailers providing the highest level of service in safety certification, performance verification, energy efficiency testing, global market access, cybersecurity, quality assurance, advisory services and beyond.
What you’ll learn & achieve:
Under general supervision, the Sales Executive is responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory. This position sells ULs products, systems, and/or services to customers in an assigned territory, industry, or accounts.
- Identifies and pursues prospects through various lead generated activities, including tradeshow, direct mailing, advertising, cold-calling, on key industry players and referral program.
- Meets with prospects to understand their purchase decision makers, decision making process criteria, and their needs.
- Supports the development of sales presentations. Supports the sales presentations in support of growing the clientele for ULs services.
- Provides value propositions, handles objections, prepares quotes, and closes sales by getting prospects’ commitments.
- Retains existing customers that are not managed by account management teams.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelors degree) in a related discipline plus generally five years of directly related experience. Ability to communicate effectively and concisely. General knowledge of company policies and sales processes. Demonstrated ability to execute projects to stated objectives. Has a general understanding of company’s products and services. Significant business travel and work outside of the office required.
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & Achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off which includes vacation, holiday, sick as well as volunteer time.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org