ABOUT THE COMPANY:
A 40-year leading lighting manufacturer based in the Midwest seeks a talented Sales Manager – Eastern Region to join our team and represent our interior and exterior architectural luminaries.
Our products, from standard to custom, meet or exceed the rigorous specifications of the demands from lighting designers, architects, engineers, and specifiers. We are positioned as a leader in providing a wide range of lighting solutions serving markets such as assisted living/healthcare, commercial/industrial, educational, government, hospitality, OEM, landscape, municipal, multi-family, and national accounts.
We are proud to service our representatives and channel partners as a US based manufacturer. Our in-house CSA lighting lab is fully accredited with a wide complement of testing equipment.
Position: Sales Manager – Eastern Region
Reports To: National Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: 60%
Position Supervised: None
Meet or exceed sales goals through your direct leadership in the region through operational objectives and contributing sales support, information and recommendations to meet the assigned regions strategic plan.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Meet regional sales objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual sales goal with your supervisor to be approved by the executive team.
- Maintain and expands customer base through our sales representatives by building and maintaining rapport with key customers and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Communicate sales performance by publishing, tracking, and evaluating representatives progress monthly.
- Update personal knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and weekly communications with supervisor.
- Accomplish sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed. Including: selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining sales representatives in assigned region.
- In addition: you will communicate project expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing representative contributions; planning and reviewing commission actions through reinforcement of our policies and procedures.
- Travel to all offices in your region.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications / Competencies Required
- Passionate execution of your work.
- Team Player – Has experience working from remote office.
- Honest & Trustworthy – Self motivator.
- Accepts ownership of region – Has experience as an RSM and multiple representatives.
- Driven to succeed – Burning desire to win.
- Perseverance – Never gives up and refuses to lose.
- Intelligent – Ability to learn quickly, internalize and retain.
- Resourceful and Creative – Ability to analyze problems/issues from various angles.
Skills & Abilities
- Education: 4-year College Degree
- Experience: 2-Years lighting experience required. Lighting manufacturing preferred.
- Computer Skills: M/S Office Suite, IOS
- Certifications & Licenses: None
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should send resumes to [email protected]