POSITION: Sales Representative – OEM
DEPARTMENT: OEM, Sales
REPORTS TO: Regional Sales Manager, OEM Sales
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Sales Representative – OEM is responsible for effectively executing the company’s sales strategy to achieve maximum profitability and market penetration for ULT’s portfolio of products to Major Accounts and Key Accounts in an assigned region with-in the OEM channel; with special emphasis on the dynamic market transformation to Solid State Lighting, the Sales Representative – OEM works directly with the Regional Sales Manager and Field Applications Engineer to ensure ULT LED products (including modules & drivers) are designed into customer applications. The Sales Representative – OEM will cultivate new relationships and develop/enhance current relationships to increase the company’s position and reputation by properly servicing and corresponding with all assigned accounts in a dependable and timely manner. Candidate to live in Toronto or Montreal, Canada
SPECIFIC DUTIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales and profitability objectives
- Gathers leads, analyzes potential and researches viability of opportunity and how to position Universal Lighting in front of the key decision makers at the OEM, specifier and corporate account levels
- Makes product recommendations and possesses technical abilities to present systems products and services at all levels of engineering, specification, product management and sourcing
- Formulate robust and accurate quotations, proposals & presentations from analysis of enquiry documentation and specifications
- Calls on existing and prospective OEM accounts specifiers and corporate accounts as assigned to foster/enhance relationships as well as further develop ULT’s market penetration
- Provides technical assistance in such forms as product training and demonstrations, lunch and learn sessions, and specific project discussions to ensure best possible solution(s) for customer
- Partners with Regional Sales Manager, Customer Service, Operations and Planning teams to ensure all sales activities are handled efficiently, with superb customer service, and in a timely manner
- Partners with Field Applications Engineers & Product Managers to effectively address new product development, custom product and necessary new product road-map needs to ensure maximum service to customer
- Provide timely, accurate reporting of sales activity, quotation values and status, business development opportunities, customer issues, competitor activity and any other matters deemed to be important to develop the customer relationship and profitably grow the business
- Stays current with competitive products and product positioning in the marketplace
- Provide support at trade shows and Kaizen events as needed
- Keeps management informed of any problems, competitor issues, or other factors affecting the assigned territory with recommendations for improvements/changes
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3-5 years of technical sales experience in a related industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with electrical industry/market; understanding of the lighting industry
- Comfortable working at distance and ability to manage a home office environment
SKILLS OR CHARACTERISTICS:
- Proven sales ability including effective negotiation skills.
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, planning, and organization skills; strong follow-up skills; self-motivated.
- Computer skills to include database, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation development.
- Commercial business aptitude with strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Bi-Lingual: French & English