Focal Point is seeking a Strategic Pricing Manager to join our Product Management team! This is an exciting opportunity to make a large impact in a growing organization by managing and implementing a centralized pricing function grounded on internal and external data as well as qualitative insight from our agent partners. This role will entail building stakeholder support, and working cross-functionally to define, execute and report business outcomes based on a vision established by the Strategic Pricing Manager.
The successful individual will have strong analytic skills with the ability to extract insight from complex data resources. The role will require working with analysts, managers, and executives across the Finance, Product Management, Marketing, Operations, Sales, Quotations, and Technology functions. He/she will have excellent communication and presentation skills to propose and execute creative pricing strategies, manage and set stakeholder expectations while prioritizing competing projects and providing solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implement and evolve centralized pricing function. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to integrate qualitative and quantitative information into pricing considerations
- Build tools to analyze sales patterns by territory, market segment, and product line and make thoughtful pricing decisions
- Analyze market data and suggest pricing strategies and tactics that will make products more successful
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gain insights on product positioning
- Create metrics and models to measure efficacy of pricing decisions
- Investigate variances to sales budgets and forecasts as necessary
- Support Agent Portal requests, activities and administration. Work with Customer Service, Sales, Business Analysts, and Marketing teams to conduct Agent Portal functionality assessments and requirements gathering. Analyze results and beta test with Agents for future Portal releases
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, self-directed, and highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and advise multiple departments and senior management of Focal Point as well as external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Finance/Economics, MBA Preferred
- 5 – 10 years of experience in a strategic pricing role
- Experience working with ERP systems required, JD Edwards experience preferred
- Excellent Excel modeling skills; experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Focal Point is a Chicago-based architectural lighting manufacturer. Our vertically integrated manufacturing facilities are fine-tuned to produce high quality products with short lead times. Using the most advanced equipment and processes, Focal Point delivers a superior luminaire. Focal Point’s specification grade products are suited for a broad range of applications, and we’re always reaching out to new markets with innovative designs that are engineered by our own experts.
Focal Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.