Ledra Brands is looking for a mid to high level Sustaining Engineer with prior experience in LED Luminaire product development, with an emphasis in Mechanical Engineering, and proficiency in either Electrical or Optical Engineering. The candidate will become a vital part of the Engineering Dept by supporting different technical aspects of our products lifecycle. They will use their engineering knowledge and experience to work on a wide range of projects consisting of anything between CAD design and consulting with Assembly Dept to creating bill of materials and updating spec sheets. This position reports to the Engineering Department Manager.
- Enhances existing products using an analytical and systematic approach.
- Improve quality, reliability, performance
- Reduce material costs
- Reduce assembly time
- Integrate new technologies
- Participates in the implementation of new products, and custom one-offs.
- Supports the continuing effort to maintain and update technical product data in our “spec sheet database”.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of BOMs for existing and new product releases.
- In charge of incoming component inspections, ensuring our suppliers are providing high quality components.
- Interacts with Manufacturing, Warehouse, and Purchasing Departments to provide support and guidance.
- Communicates efficiently with domestic and overseas suppliers.
- Presents ideas and suggestions to help improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- Assists with administrating Microsoft SharePoint™ and teamwork™ project management software, reviewing, delegating, and updating tasks.
- Assists with administrating CAD data management software (Autodesk Vault).
- Assists with quarterly UL/ETL product safety audits, and product safety and performance certifications.
- Assists with the selection of proper electronic Power Supply and LED components based on electrical requirements.
- The candidate must have minimum 3 years (5 years preferred) of prior LED lighting experience working in a manufacturing environment. Candidates with less than 3 years of such experience will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSME preferred), or equivalent job-related experience.
- Additional Electrical Design, Electrical Engineering, or Optical Engineering education or experience is a plus.
- Minimum of two years of product design experience using CAD software.
- Excels at using CAD (Inventor, Solidworks, Pro-e, or similar)
- A firm understanding of manufacturing methods used in the development of Luminaires (Sheetmetal, castings, extrusions, injection molding)
- A basic understanding of LED and Driver electrical functions, with hands on experience taking basic electronic measurements.
- Ability to create manufacturing drawings per ASME Y14.5.
- Outstanding oral, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience working with Machine Shop equipment a plus
- Understanding of UL 1598 and 8750 safety Standards, Energy Star, and JA8 a plus
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com