- Develop mechanical and electro-mechanical system design solutions based on engineering principles and be involved in presentation of the solution to the engineering team.
- Provide technical support to internal departments.
- Resolve operational problems related to project changes and minimize delays.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Support sales and customer service team in technical concept, design, and production.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical assembly design using SolidWorks CAD.
- Quickly and accurately create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create and enter complete and accurate Bill of Materials.
- Source and define components and parts from external suppliers.
- Perform first article inspection on specified parts and components.
- Ensure project completion from initial concept through final production.
- Project Management: oversee assigned project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects with expected quality goals met.
- Mechanical and electro-mechanical design of customized solutions including sheet metal housings, electrical assemblies, LED modules, cosmetic trims and bezels for industrial, commercial, and residential lighting fixtures.
- Organize, plan, and conduct tests to prove concepts and design.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems and product.
- Create all supporting project documentation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar related degree).
- 3+ years related job experience with preference to architectural lighting.
- Proficient in SolidWorks software, MS Office, and SAP experience preferred.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical and electro-mechanical design and its application within the lighting industry.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently or in team environment.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in extremely fast paced and high output environment.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to HR@LFIllumination.com