The Vice President of Energy Services is responsible for the development and delivery of program management methodologies and tools and ultimately accountable for the way methodologies and resources are used to deliver exceptional customer service within planned budgets and schedules. They are responsible for creating a unified voice in on-boarding, maintaining and responding to clients, developing a consistent defined process and work-flow that spans across all geographies and verticals. The person in this role will ensure a consistent approach to utilizing internal tools to ensure efficiency within the organization while enhancing the customer experience.
- Provide strategic direction to the energy solutions team, account management and operations teams
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure a strong and emergent presence.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Measure performance to plan. Present sales, revenue and expense reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Establish and maintain processes and accountability structure as it relates to client programs
- Oversee the management of employee development as it relates to implementing objective setting, coaching and performance monitoring of client revenue and margin performance
- Assure marketing processes are aligned to support our growth objectives.
- Manage relationship with company vendors including issuance of company purchase orders.
- Oversee accounting function including processes and procedures to accurately report financial results.
- Review all legal documents including customer and vendor agreements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish productivity expectations to ensure assigned programs achieve financial and contract targets.
- Develop and implement performance measurement reporting system to monitor compliance with existing policies, procedures and other requirements
- Provide leadership, expertise and project management skills to drive unprecedented success in revenue growth.
- Provide clear, direct communication to operational directors and other management to ensure consistent understanding of business opportunities, resource needs and profitability goals.
- Comply with contractual requirements within the operation by monitoring critical indicators, deliverables and budgets. Continually evaluate priorities to determine if they are consistent with customer(s) objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed customer expectations
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Adaptability to fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Proficiency with MS Office
Education, experience, certifications
- Proven experience in program management methodology and project lifecycle
- management required
- Proven experience with Key Account Management
- Proven experience in leading an organization, division or department
- Proven ability to build accountability and develop employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering or related field
- PMI, PMP or CPM certification preferred
- Six Sigma Black belt preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in a construction/business environment or
- 5 years of experience as a Director of Program Management
Physical and Mental demands
- Some travel required (10-15%)
- Position may require working before or after regularly scheduled hours as business needs arise.
All interested candidates are welcome to apply at www.theMCgroup.com
Resumes can also be sent to jobs@theMCgroup.com and will receive immediate consideration.
MC GROUP – Building Better Brands
Established in 1953, MC Group is one of the largest providers of signage, lighting, and electrical solutions throughout the United States and Canada.
MC’s unique emphasis on efficient, dedicated program management ensures customer satisfaction from concept to completion. We provide our services for some of the nation’s most recognizable blue chip companies in diverse end markets including hospitality, healthcare, C-stores, commercial, industrial, financial, restaurants, and retail.
Employees of MC Group enjoy a casual work environment, full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401-k with a company match, paid life insurance and L/T disability, generous PTO, tuition assistance, employee appreciation events and more!
Job Location: NE Ohio
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer