Leading the LED Industry Since 1992
Leotek Electronics USA LLC, located in California’s Silicon Valley since 1997, and celebrating over twenty years as an LED lighting manufacturer, is globally recognized as a pioneer in light-emitting diode technology. With millions of LED products installed worldwide, Leotek offers a substantial history of proven performance. The company manufactures innovative LED lighting products for applications encompassing traffic and transit; street and area; petroleum, convenience, grocery and retail stores.
Leotek is committed to developing emerging solid-state technology that offers greater longevity and environmental viability than traditional lighting sources, while reducing energy consumption and maintenance costs. In 2007, Leotek was acquired by Lite-On Group, a multi-billion dollar electronics manufacturing conglomerate.
Business Development Manager – Southeast and Central Region
Location: Remote position. Prefer candidates located in FL, GA, SC, NC, and Chicago area.
The Business Development Manager for this leading, global lighting manufacturer will be responsible for all luminaire sales, channel management, and strategy for its region. Market Segments within the region include – Municipalities, DOTs, Utilities (IOU, Coop, Public Power), and C&I.
- Help define and then execute aggressive sales strategy and achieve revenue goals.
- Continually monitor quality of representation and ensure that it is optimized in the territory covered.
- Continually work with agents, distributors, and customers to align goals and growth. Being able to achieve key contacts and decision makers in each organization to fully understand their strategy and align accordingly.
- Manage the channel to ensure aggressive and self-sustaining growth.
- Define key accounts and major potential customers.
- Build pipeline with clear potential, details, schedules, and strategy using Sales Force.
- Report on revenue, channel, and business development activities, plans, and strategies to internal management teams.
- Prepare annual forecasts, monthly projections, and weekly projections using project pipeline and flow details.
- Direct quotation strategies for major bids, channel partners, and end customers.
- Represent company at local trade association meetings, market events, and trade shows.
- Train and educate channel with clear, organized, catered presentations (ppts, verbally, etc.).
- Coordinate and organize market feedback for pricing, products, needed items from channel network and pass to appropriate internal management teams.
- Create and execute initiatives to enhance revenue in weaker segments, working with internal management teams.
Required Education and Experience
- 8+ years of Sales experiences in lighting, IPC, electronical device, transformer, driver, consumer electronics industries preferred.
- Savvy on electronics industry channel distribution and sales is a must.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Public speaking/product presentations/training experience required.
- Located in the market.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to think outside of the box, beyond traditional LED lighting methodology and principles.
- Outdoor Lighting, Roadway Lighting, C&I Lighting, LED technology and channel experience.
- OR, non-Lighting electrical channel experience with ability to sell lighting to lighting end customers.
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
This position will not have supervisory responsibilities at this time.
Business Development Managers will be expected to maintain a home office within a proximity of a major airport.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with primary work managing sales revenue maintenance and growth and channel network strategy, visiting customers, and coordinating cross function planning internally.
50%. A valid driver’s license is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities, or regional coverage that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, coverage, and activities may change at any time with or without notice in order to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Leotek Electronics USA LLC has work environment that promotes diversity, equal opportunity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to its talents.
Interested candidates should send their resume to [email protected]