Role: The Senior Buyer’s primary responsibility is to purchase materials, equipment, supplies and services for the manufacturing of commercial lighting. They review and analyze purchase requisitions, investigate and develop sources of suppliers, prepare bid specifications, issue bid requests and review quotations. The Senior Buyer interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors, as a specialist in assigned material categories, which requires a degree of technical knowledge. This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Works under direction of Materials Purchasing Manager to fill customer requests and procure materials to support the Master Production Schedule. Creates and expedites purchase orders, and provides general customer service duties in a timely and efficient manner. Works to minimize total cost of procuring and maintaining inventory.
- Maintains items master data on assigned part numbers. Provides necessary follow up when needed.
- Receive and process customer requests by purchasing the appropriate commodity utilizing the INFOR and ERP system or other systems.
- Act as liaison between customer service and suppliers to provide service and/or assistance to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Expedite orders and ensure delivery schedules are met, advise planning of any issues with orders and pertinent shipping information.
- Follow-up with suppliers on all due/past-due orders notifying the customer of potential problems, which may have developed, that could affect customer delivery and satisfaction.
- Monitor all pricing levels with suppliers and the company. Should negotiate pricing when appropriate.
- Analyze potential suppliers and develop existing suppliers, manage supply chain and pricing structures while maintaining data on those suppliers.
- Reconcile any price discrepancies with the suppliers, accounting, and customers.
- Establish reorder points, min/max inventory levels, stocking agreements
- Quote packages, sourcing of raw material suppliers.
- Work with management to establish stocking levels and minimum order quantities that are the
- best fit for the company.
- Decide when volume warrants different purchasing programs such as consignment, stock
- programs, blanket orders, etc.
- Understand processes when completing quote packages and determining supplier base for
- Make decisions in best interest of the company when deciding which vendors to use and not to
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience: 7-10 years experience in the area of purchasing and/or supply chain management.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of process development.
- Excellent time management and personal organization skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to listen and gather input from a variety of sources.
- Ability to articulate and frame issues in a clear and concise manner, focusing on important areas.
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to seek mutually beneficial agreements.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with an ERP system
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Submit Application: Click Here to Apply