Level 4 (5 Days a Week)What Success Looks LikeA successful Powder Coating Lead is accountable for pioneering and optimizing RBW’s powder coating line. You have a great eye for detail and enjoy seeing a job well done! You will interface with design, assembly, and quality to solve problems, improve manufacturability, and focus on continual refinement through cost reduction and process enhancements. Through a high level of internal collaboration, this role will allow us to enhance the on-time delivery process of beautifully crafted and finished products to customers and clients.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kingston, NY
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Develop and modifies line layout, material flow and waste reduction
- Apply powder finish using proper powder coating techniques and patterns
- Test and evaluate powder coating applications per external and internal procedures
- Meet timelines set by production schedule
- Diagnose issues found during the powder coating application process and drive corrective actions
- Champion continuous improvement projects to maximize yield, capacity, and capability
- Maintain accurate production counts, records, and input results into ERP platform
- Support in maintaining inventory of necessary supplies
- Prepare items prior to painting, including sanding, masking, and hanging parts
- Train and educate employees in all functions about powder line operation
- Visually inspect parts exiting paint booth and oven and report non-standard conditions
- Clean machines, equipment and work area regularly with recommended solutions
- Support with 5S and lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum 2 years of working in powder coating
- 2-3 years’ experience in a supervisory or lead role preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Experience developing and improving powder coating application processes
- Experience with ERP platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations
- Health Insurance – Including 100% Covered Monthly Premium Options For Employees
- Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Generous Time-Off Policy
- Paid Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holidays – Including Floating Holiday Of Your Choosing
- Your Birthday Off!
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Profit Sharing
- Exciting Product Discounts
- Monthly EV credit towards electric car charging on premises at Kingston Factory
- And More!
Our purpose is to realize the unlimited potential of lighting. We understand that light helps shape our well-being and has the ability to improve everyday life. Through innovative technology, creativity, and refined simplicity we design and manufacture LED fixtures for hospitality, workplace, and residential environments. Our customers and partners embrace our collaborative process of exploration, discovery, and improvement.
Recently awarded Inc. 5000 Magazine Fastest-Growing Private Business and the highest-ranking manufacturer in New York state in 2020. RBW is one of the first Certified B Corporations in the lighting industry.
RBW’s physical environments in both our Factory and Showroom are the common spaces that connect us, bring ideas, concepts, and luminaires to life, all while fostering an enhanced level of presence and communication for our team members.
RBW expects team members to be on-site to continue conversations and enhance collaboration. Please speak with your recruiter to get clarity on on-site expectations for this particular role. With COVID-19 still ongoing and to ensure comfort and safety amongst our team, we are maintaining a mask-optional workplace.
RBW is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and foster an inclusive and respectful workplace for all. We encourage individuals of any race, religion, belief, gender identity, sexual orientation, and age to apply. Additionally, mental and physical disabilities, parental status, incarceration history, citizen status, veteran status, and political affiliation will not be factors in hiring decisions. Employment decisions are made on the basis of business needs, job requirements, and candidate qualifications. At RBW, we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form to ensure our diverse workforce feels safe and comfortable as members of our team. We strive to be an equitable employer and adhere to providing equal opportunities in all aspects of employment, including compensation, discipline, promotion, and access to benefits.
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Don’t see the importance of an inclusive and diverse workplace.
- Don’t consider fellow team members’ opinions as important as yours.
- Focus solely on individual effort and do not value a collective team effort.
- Cut corners to get things done.
- Give up at the first sign of a challenge or roadblock.
- Are uninspired by a calm, tidy, and productive workplace.