DMF Lighting is an award-winning LED Downlighting Company based in Southern California. An engineering-driven company, DMF stands out for our forward-thinking industrial design and engineering, responsive service, and deliverability of products.
From a small family business founded 30 years ago by an electrical engineer out of his garage in Southern California, DMF has grown into a national lighting manufacturer with nimble supply chain logistics and a national network of warehouses and suppliers — which helps us deliver intelligent LED lighting products to our trade customers exactly when and where they need them.
We are investing heavily in the future of lighting by hiring industry-leading industrial designers, salespeople and engineers, while simultaneously building out our cutting-edge facility in Carson, California. Our mission is to make intelligent, future-focused lighting solutions widely accessible to the markets we serve.
DMF Lighting is looking for a strong outside salesperson to manage the Commercial & Industrial business in the Southern California sales region, comprised of Ventura County and the greater Los Angeles, San Diego, and Inland Empire territories. Channel partners include electrical distributors and lighting showrooms. Success in the role will require building relationships with manufacturers’ representative agent partners and commercial influencers to include design and construction teams comprised of architects, lighting designers, electrical engineers, commercial contractors, developers, and homebuilders. Experience managing a network of manufacturers’ representative agents and managing direct channel partner and influencer accounts is critical for success.
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for achieving assigned sales targets in the region
- Plan and execute 12-15 in-person sales calls per week within assigned region
- Establish and cultivate business and professional relationships with DMF Lighting’s reppartners, channel partners, and commercial influencers (i.e. design and construction
- Coordinate and assist with the execution of product, policy, promotion and businesssystems training for rep partners, channel partners, and commercial influencers
- Create innovative targeted sales promotions for our agencies by analyzing andunderstanding local market conditions and existing distribution business models
- Develop strong contractor relationships within the territory and use them to make DMFtheir preferred downlight solution, driving demand to stocking distributors
- Maintain and grow a list of design team influencer accounts that you will manage;coordinate accounts/individuals with the local rep partner
- Maintain and grow a list of existing stocking distributors in the market doing regularcounter days and training on new products
- Call on assigned end-user and developer accounts to create demand for DMF productsand generate national account agreements
• Participate in annual planning to establish sales targets and rep quotas for assigned territory
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- 10+ years’ experience in consultative lighting sales to specifiers, commercial contractors,and value-added distributors
- High level of lighting acumen and experience selling and servicing the Lighting DesignCommunity
- Ability to tailor sales pitch appropriate to the audience and time limitations.
- Confidence Speaking in front of groups with strong interpersonal and presentation skillsDMF Lighting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
DMF Lighting strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply. Applicants can send their resumes to [email protected]