Business Development Manager – Toggled (An Altair Subsidiary)
Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you are exactly what we are searching for. At Toggled, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
Toggled strives to engineer and deliver cutting edge smart building technology driven products that enable more efficient and productive environments. As the only software focused company to deliver end-to-end smart building management solutions, we merge product, software, and analytics to create truly unique and customizable ecosystems.
Our latest innovation, Toggled iQ, is a connected building platform that leverages the power of IoT solutions to achieve energy savings goals and optimize building performance. Anchored by Toggled iQ’s network lighting controls application, the Toggled iQ connected building platform is intuitively engineered and designed for simplicity, allowing for quick commissioning simple workflows and immediate results.
Toggled is currently experiencing significant growth within an aggressively expanding and highly progressive intelligent building industry. To help keep pace with the vast amount of opportunity areas that exist we are in search of a high energy, self-motivated and proven sales leader to help us establish our next chapter. The ideal candidate will possess strong sales leadership characteristics as well as extensive knowledge of the various SI, lighting and contractor sales channels within the commercial real estate and LED lighting industry.
What You Will Do:
- Activities include effectively defining sales development opportunity areas, setting, and achieving sales objectives, cultivating an existing client base, building, and managing new channel relationships.
- Urgency is placed upon quickly expanding our overall sales footprint, onboarding new resellers, systems integrators, ESCO’s and lighting distributors.
- Must be able to effectively represent the sales function to senior team leadership as well as partner with multiple cross-functional teams including finance, product development, operations and marketing.
- Successfully identify prospective companies and connect with key decision makers.
- Develop and execute account and territory strategic business plans.
- Effectively communicate Toggled’s premium product offering to targeted customers/partners.
- Must embrace team selling and support the concept by working closely with the current sales team and toggled leadership to ensure optimal business outcomes.
- 5+ years of business development or sales experience with a proven track record of achieving aggressive targets.
- Experience establishing reseller partnerships with systems integrators electrical/mechanical contractors, ESCO’s, and commercial lighting distributors is preferred
- Understanding or experience selling IoT based connected building solutions
- Track history of exceeding sales targets
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal & organizational skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong productive relationships.
- Savvy negotiator focused on agreements that are mutually beneficial.
- Results oriented; ability to plan week, month and quarter with provable results.
- High-energy/engaging personality.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply skills.
- Intelligent “Hunter” that is motivated to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Outstanding Work/Life Balance
- Flex Time
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off and exceptional number of paid holidays
- Paid Time Off for Community Service
- Collaborative environment
- Charitable Matching Program
Why Work with Us:
We are passionate about providing healthy and safe living environments for everyone. Whether at work or at play, daytime, or nighttime, we view them all as opportunities to improve how people conduct their everyday lives. Through our technologies, we are improving the well-being and productivity of people working in and managing these environments.
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventurers; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and uncharted waters, we dive in headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible; discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Toggled/Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Our history demonstrates a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
You can view and apply directly for this position with the following link.