WESCO is known for the best service and the best people, always going above and beyond to provide top-notch service to our customers. As a leading global provider of supply chain solutions, WESCO’s goal is to ensure that our customers have the products they need, when and where they need them — whether that is on a construction site or in a manufacturing plant. We back up those products with proven expert services that help companies increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, create safer workplaces, and achieve sustainability goals. If this is a culture you want to be a part of, we invite you to join WESCO, a place where inclusion and diversity is valued and continuous improvement is a way of life.
Brief Posting Description
This person directs promoting and selling of lighting products and services to larger customers. Responsible for leadership, management and profitability of assigned sales region, market, or channel. Also responsible for achieving sales and profitability goals through direction, organization, coordination, communication and development of field sales, inside sales, and other sales professionals.
- Develops and administers sales plan to ensure customer satisfaction, assigned quota attainment, and highly skilled and motivated staff.
- Achieves annual sales and gross profit plan by implementing sales strategies and analyzing trends and results in conjunction with regional and business unit management team.
- Establishes sales objectives.
- Forecasts expected sales volume and profit for existing and new product lines and customers.
- Ensures establishment and expansion of national, regional, and local supplier relationships.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with market supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Coordinates order service by directing account representatives on quotations, proposals, project order management techniques, and customer complaint resolution.
- Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains sales staff results by counseling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Forecasts and communicates intricate details to senior management.
- Inside or outside sales in electrical wholesale – 5 years required; 7 years preferred.
- Supervising and managing staff and programs at national, district or regional level – 5 years required; 7 years preferred.
- Bachelors’ Degree required.
- In-depth knowledge of lighting products.
- Business and management principles, including strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to present professional sales approach to help people achieve personal and positional goals.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of distribution industry, related solutions, and products.
- Ability to exercise teamwork, leadership and flexibility.
- Excellent time management and computer skills.
General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
Employee required to problem-solve.
Employee required to communicate with the public.
Employee required to manage other employees.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“WESCO”), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.”
This quick apply application is an expression of interest and not an official application. If you are a fit for this role, you will be contacted by the Talent Acquisition Specialist to officially apply to the role at WESCO.com/careers.
Interested candidates should send their resume to IBelknap@wescodist.com