Our company seeks an experienced professional business manager to execute on growth strategies and ensure that the long-term needs of the organization are met as we grow. The General Manager may be responsible for oversight of Operation, Finance, Sales, Marketing, IT and R&D departments or a combination of the above depending on the strengths of the individual hired. This individual will also be accountable for the implementation of the management strategies to achieve our company’s sales and profitability goals annually.
- Ability to Drive a High Performing Team within a Fast paced Environment
- Strong Business Acumen
- Financial Literacy
- Sales/Profit Driven
- Strategy Development/Implementation
- Technology Focused
- Resourceful positive change agent
- Humble leadership
- Meets last minute changes with a whatever-it-takes approach
- Fully accountable for the day-to-day operational and strategic management of the business in order to meet the company’s financial performance criteria and achieve agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Conducts in-depth review of key strategic issues and business expansion prioritization to achieve growth and profitability.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and coordinating all department activities to around long-range goals to meet business and profitability growth objectives. Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance and new product development.
- Confers with the CEO and other administrative personnel to review progress towards goals/objectives and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning, production efficiency, financial reporting and capital expenditures to support cash flow plans, long term financial health and tax efficiency.
- Report regularly on ongoing market analysis with attention to competitive product lines, pricing levels and issues, market conditions, evaluation of effectiveness and salability of existing product line and new product lines, and capitalize on market conditions.
- Coordinate with sales leadership, manufacturer representatives, distributors, suppliers and others to promote and maintain successful profitable business relationships.
- Ensures accountability in company’s sales network and sales management to be a source of competitive advantage and capable of delivering the long-term performance needed by its businesses.
- Reviews operational, manufacturing and facility challenges to drive automation and process efficiencies that address our evolving business lines. Ensures that a high quality of service is delivered and maintained to a growing client base.
- Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing requirements to develop new markets. Oversees capacity planning and implementation.
- Reviews and supports engineering and sales to oversee design with new technology used for existing products or improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and market growth.
- Overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports on results and for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s culture, policies and applicable laws.
- Increase efficiency of systems and processes within the company to drive higher margin and/or lower costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance. MBA counts towards 4 years of management experience.
- 15 + years of leadership experience, preferably within high-growth family-business environment.
- General management experience including heavy expertise in Sales and Finance Management with strong understanding of business analytics and risk management.
- Successful track record managing a company or division with multiple departments and multiple business channels.
- Strong business acumen with strategic decision-making ability.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in hiring, development and coaching senior leaders. Hands on, lead by example management style.
- Forward thinker who stays on top of industry trends and technology.
- Ability to travel both internationally and within the US without restrictions.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note salary history on your cover page. WAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.