Performance Lighting Systems is a lighting representative firm involved in the marketing, specification, and sale of lighting and controls products in the greater Los Angeles Metro area. Formed in 2007, we are 100+ individuals dedicated to bringing the highest degree of knowledge, design sensitivity, business acumen, and problem-solving ability to the representation process, helping turn our client’s goals and visions into solutions. Things are developing rapidly in our field, making it our passion to emulate our tagline, “Delivering the Promise of New Technology”. We believe that a lighting manufacturers’ rep can and should bring more than pricing and scheduling.
Performance Lighting Systems is looking for a qualified candidate to join their industry-leading field service team.
This team member will be supporting electrical contractors onsite at construction sites with the programming of lighting control systems during their startup process.
The ideal candidate should be a team player and work with business entities across the manufacturer, customer support, and end user levels. This requires strong interpersonal communication skills via telephone, e-mail, text, and face-to-face conversation. Candidate must be comfortable speaking before a group of people for training sessions. Strong writing skills are required as reporting out will occur at all levels and every day.
Candidate should be comfortable with regular computer use, navigating their way through the GUI of different types of software and have some understanding of IT networking.
Technicians must have the ability to interpret plans and the specification laid out in those plans. A basic understanding of electrical concepts such as on/off relays, drivers/ballasts, wattage, current and voltage is required. Experience with working on low voltage and cat5 cabling is a plus.
Problem solving skills and the ability for out-of-the box thinking is required for troubleshooting visits.
Must have access to reliable vehicle with space for spare equipment.
On the job training will be provided at normal pay rate.
Required to work nights/weekends on the rare occasion that a project dictates the need.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Assistance with Health Insurance premiums.
- 401-K / Paid vacation / Paid Holidays
- Los Angeles, CA (Required)
- Orange County
- San Bernardino
- Potential overnight travel
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Low Voltage or Electrical, Preferred
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
- Must have valid CA driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and auto insurance.
- Must be detailed, organized, process oriented, have great communication skills and work well within a team.
- Must have strong PC skills to use the programming software for CA energy code compliance.
- Must be comfortable working on construction job sites with electrical contractors and other trades. Hard Hat, Boots and safety vest always required and will be provided.
- At times, flexible start/stop times required due to job site requirements.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, reporting back to management daily.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include bending and working in confined spaces and lifting 50 pounds.
- May work at heights greater than 10 feet
- Exposure to extreme heat on unconditioned job sites
- Exposure to noise greater than 80dB TWA
- Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require the ability to perceive and distinguish colors or shades of colors and sounds and provide oral communication.
- Environmental Factors: Some tasks may risk exposure to noise, dirt, dust, pollen, odors, hazardous materials, wetness, humidity, mold, rain, fumes, and traffic hazards.
Please send resume and/or cover letter to: [email protected]