Dialight has an immediate opening for a Product Manager. This position can be either based in Farmingdale, NJ or Remote in US.
Our ideal candidate understands our market, products, product lines, customer requirements and our competition inside and out. We seek individuals who take full responsibility and measure themselves in terms of the success of our products.
The successful candidates will manage product development roadmaps for designated products within Dialight’s industry-leading LED lighting fixture portfolio for Industrial and Hazardous Location applications. This is a “hands on” position for an experienced product development professional. Successful candidates will be highly motivated and energetic self-starters who have demonstrated a track record for launching technical products, understanding the challenges of project management, balancing daily workloads, and leading cross-functional teams. The Product Manager will define future products based on customer needs and requirements, manage new product introduction, sustain efforts for current offerings, marketing literature, and sales support material.
· Lead multi-functional product team with Engineering, Sales, and Senior Management to develop multi-generational product roadmap plans
· Manage the product lines from concept through sustaining efforts
· Outline product specification details including market requirements, target costs and prices
· Communicate with the sales and technical teams regarding product launches, improving product design via voice of the customer and potential new product development
· Continually analyze market data from industry sources to measure our competitive position and product success in the market and maintain database of competitive products
· Develop content and implement product specs, datasheets, brochures, press releases, website information, labels, installation manuals and other documentation
· Maintain FAQ database in order to better assist Technical Sales Support staff
· Drive day-to-day development and administrative tasks
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Design, Product Development, Marketing or related field
· 3+ years of experience in Product Management of electrical, opto-electronic, or electronic products.
· 5+ years of new product development experience.
· MBA, a plus
· Strong customer focus and ability to drive strategic positioning within our core vertical markets.
· Successful background in launching technical products and innovative, out-of-the-box thinking using entrepreneurial insight
· Manage a product line as its own P&L with focus on revenue and margin attainment
· Ability to guide product development to be in synchronization with the market trends
· Strategic planning, financial modeling, and creation of commercial partnerships
· Analysis of market demand, market share and value proposition of own products vs main competitors
· Ability to lead product life cycle management from introduction through obsolescence
· Organizational, communication and presentation skills a must with ability to communicate effectively with the sales team and channel partners
· High energy, assertive and self-motivated to work in fast-paced environment with limited direction
· Provides excellent leadership qualities
· Strategic planning and financial modeling
· Strong analytical and statistical data-driven skills
· Drive for continuous improvement
· Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop & In-Design
· Ability to travel; this position will require approximately 25% travel
It is the policy of Dialight to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Dialight will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]