The Solar Sales Manager is responsible identifying and developing new business opportunities which support Hapco’s growth strategy for our Solar Light Pole product line. The Company is seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales and a proven track record of success, who takes a hands-on approach to building business opportunities. In this key position, the employee will work closely with the Sales, Engineering, and Operations teams to achieve established sales goals. This individual must uphold the standards and expectations set forth by the Company and is responsible for assisting with the overall success of the Sales Department. This position reports directly to the VP of Sales and Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote and leverage Hapco’s Value Proposition and commercial strategy to support profitable growth that meets or exceeds established sales goals for Solar Light Poles.
- Develop and deliver compelling product training sessions in person or virtually to the Company’s Regional Sales Managers, independent sales representatives, and internally as necessary.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with all relevant parties, companies, institutions, and internal peers.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of sales opportunities which supports exceeding sales targets for the Solar Light Pole product line.
- Demonstrates an obvious sense of urgency in daily communications internally and externally including prompt responses to emails, texts, and phone calls.
- Work with Inside Sales and Customer Care to provide technical and commercial support as needed.
- Attend regional and national conferences, tradeshows, and professional association meetings to promote Hapco’s products, solutions, and brand.
- 50% travel is required for this position.
- Evaluate and report on competition within the territory.
- Develop and maintain a sales plan for the Solar Light Pole product line which meets or exceeds targets as established in annual budget process.
- Assist with organizing technical documents and marketing collateral, as needed.
- Prepare and give business reviews and presentations to the Commercial Team and Senior Leadership, as needed.
- Create or assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Provide general support to the Sales and Marketing Department. Effectively build and maintain partnerships with rep/agents, customers, prospects and internal stakeholders at all levels across the Company. Contribute to team and company success. Maintain flexibility and react to change appropriately. Communicate and share information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Must be able to give and receive instructions; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, motivating, or speaking with others.
- Has proven Sales experience with high profile targets within various markets, with concentration on metals or technical applications. Understands fully and is comfortable discussing/analyzing the market economics and competitive landscape. Asks thoughtful questions, displays effective listening, demonstrates product value; is tenacious, maintains continuous contact with prospects and clients to establish need(s); Demonstrates effectiveness in linking product features/benefits to prospect or client needs.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Complies with all company rules, safety policies and procedures. Demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others. Consistently models desired behaviors and values established by the Company. Respects diversity of perspective in discussions and demonstrates an inclusive style. Demonstrates concern for Safety on the job for themselves and for others.
- Ability to continually prioritize tasks to be completed as required. Continuously manages administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, manages accurate and timely sales activity and performance reports, analyzes report data to project trends and build forecasts, maintains accurate and complete prospect and client database (CRM).
- Self-starter and multi-task oriented. Able to work independently, as-well-as with others, as needed. Takes responsibility for own success, doesn’t externalize, accepts challenges, does not take “no” as failure, but as an opportunity to succeed.
- Works effectively to identify and resolve problems or issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any employee who does not understand any portion of the job description for this position needs to bring that fact to their Manager’s attention so they can provide further work performance or Safety instructions, as needed.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities which are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, at any time, with or without notice.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Skills must include business related computer literacy, analytical problem solving, excellent verbal and written communication, and multi-task-oriented skills.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of previous sales or product management experience with proven growth results.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals in prior positions.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, motivational, and organizational skills.
- Dynamic team player who can think “outside the box”.
- Demonstrated history of successful business development, new product launch, new product introduction.
- Driven and committed to customer service and sales performance.
- Successful growth with sales reps/agents and distributors. Sales experience in the Commercial and Industrial (C&I), Utility, Municipal, Department of Transportations (DOT) industry, or 5G infrastructure sector is a plus.
- Lighting Industry or Solar Industry background is a plus.
- Sales experience in Manufacturing or a Technical sector preferred.
- Sales experience in Aluminum or Steel pole products preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills with a solid ability to effectively present information.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or sciences or pertinent equivalent.
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively one-on-one or in group situations with customers, industry groups and co-workers; utilizing methods to include, but not limited to verbal conversations plus telephone and email communications.
Ability to apply common sense understanding while carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving several variables in various situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment includes a combination of traveling for business plus a manufacturing and office setting. IMPORTANT: PPE (personal protective equipment) such as eye protection, hearing protection and closed-toed shoes are always required while present in designated areas of the manufacturing environment.
To apply please email your resume to [email protected]