Work from Home! – Part-time! – Moonlighters welcome!
Due to rapid growth and desire to expand into direct product segments, Eran Industrial, a seasoned and well-respected ODM/OEM manufacturer and value-added supplier is actively seeking four (4) Freelance Product Design Engineers to support several new manufacturing facilities in multiple countries in Asia. Ideally, this will be two Engineers with experience in outdoor lighting products and two who have experience in Indoor products. Positions can be located anywhere in North America where the candidate has a reliable high-speed internet connection.
The recent Covid work-from-home experience has proven to us these positions can be successfully filled remotely with the systems we have developed. Part-time product development engineering assignments are available on a by-the-project, or hourly basis. We will keep complete confidentiality for any “moonlighters” applicants. These positions may lead to future full-time employment for the superior freelancers who are looking for full-time employment.
Title: Product Design Engineer (Outdoor or Indoor)
Department: New Product Development
Reports to: Outdoor [or Indoor] Product Manager, or Director of Engineering
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design new products and make improvements to existing outdoor [or indoor] lighting products with a focus on the North American market
- Design and evaluate products, parts, or processes for new or unique concepts, cost efficiency, reliability, and quality.
- Work with marketing, engineering, sourcing, and the production staff
- Request and evaluate testing (thermal, photometric, rain, dust) as needed for third-party certification (UL, CSA, etc.).
- Utilize 3D CAD software for part and assembly design.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on prototypes to improve products before tooling and shorten the design process.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree (or 10 years’ experience)
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in engineering, preferably in the lighting market
- Proficiency in CAD, preferably Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, or Creo. Use of Excel and PowerPoint needed for communicating with international teams.
- Strong organizational skills
- Written/verbal English skills preferred.
- Self-directed with strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Conceptual design creativity is a plus!
- Experience with design of die castings, injection moldings, sheet metal, and designs incorporating fasteners, gaskets, electronics, power supplies, wiring, etc. a plus.
- Experience in lighting/optical components (LEDs, LED optics, reflectors, refractors, shields, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge of North American lighting standards and organizations is a plus. (UL, ETL, IES, DLC, ANSI, etc.)
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]