Brownlee Lighting, founded in 1977, is an energy efficient lighting manufacturer headquartered in Orlando, Florida. Focused predominantly on decorative, specification-grade LED luminaires, the company goes to market through independent lighting agencies and electrical distributors across the country and internationally, serving a variety of markets such as multifamily residential, commercial, hospitality, healthcare and more.
What We Need: A talented product design engineer to support in the development of new, innovative fixtures based on LED technology and controls.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) or equivalent experience.
- Complete understanding of LED technology and controls in interior and exterior fixture design.
- Must be proficient in Solid Works and/or AutoCAD.
- Excellent communication skills required – must be able to create and manage a product development timeline from concept to launch.
- Thorough knowledge of metal fabrication, extruding design, plastics, glass and other pertinent manufacturing materials.
- Knowledge of UL compliance, LM79/80 testing and analysis, Energy Star/DLC certification processes and other certifications.
- Must have knowledge of product suppliers in LED and driver componentry.
- Being a self-starter and closer with personal motivation is critical. The ability to handle multiple projects at once is critical.
- Revit and AGi32 knowledge is a plus.
- New product design and development along with improvement to existing products. Assistance in the design of custom projects.
- Keeping in close touch with lighting trends and styles, technological advancements, regulatory and market changes.
- Thermal design and in house testing.
- Creation of BOM’s, assembly documentation, installation instructions and line drawings.
- Technical support to production, sales, customer service and purchasing.
- UL/CSA listings, LM79 reports and other certification work.
- Keeping the team on track for product launch deadlines.
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
We look forward to employing a motivated individual that is as excited to be here as we are, and has the self-drive needed to further not only the Brownlee product line, but their personal goals as well. We are a family owned and operated company with strong moral values, and want nothing more than for our employees to live positive, enjoyable, successful lives both at work and at home with their loved ones. Thank you for your interest in Brownlee Lighting.
Please send resume to [email protected].